We are the Github for spreadsheets
(Senior/Lead) Frontend Engineer (Angular, GraphQL) (d/f/m)€50k – €80k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Every day, millions of people use spreadsheets for business-critical processes. However, running these spreadsheet processes is painful. Sharing and collecting spreadsheet data is done manually, too many emails are sent back and forth, keeping track of all changes and file versions is cumbersome and leads to loss of control and transparency.
In short, we are building GitHub for Spreadsheets.
Layer is a cutting-edge web platform which fosters collaboration and increases productivity with the potential to reach millions of users worldwide. By introducing a productivity layer on top of Excel and Google Sheets, we are on a global mission to change how any team in any company works with spreadsheets.
Our team & culture
We think it’s about owning what you do and getting it done. We value outcome over output. We treat each other with respect and are in this together. We back our decision-making with logic and are not afraid of making mistakes.
Our team is our most important asset. We want to empower you to grow in the direction you most desire.
- a competitive salary
- employee stock options
- conference and educational budget
- flexible hours and option to work partly remotely
- and many more
Check our Culture Insight Guide
If you are:
- strong problem-solver with a user-centric mindset
- proud of your high-quality code
- ambitious to leave a mark
- tenacious and attentive to detail
- eager to work closely with an experienced team and seasoned founders
then join our team in Berlin as a senior backend engineer!
- architect and build our Angular application (currently in private beta)
- create innovative and performant data-intensive UIs that are at the core of our application
- take an active part in the specification (from defining GraphQL API contracts to bringing in your knowledge to help product specialists design a better UX)
- be responsible for designing new and maintaining current E2E tests
- In-depth knowledge of Angular (and, optionally, React or Vue)
- Ability to concept and write well-structured HTML/SCSS
- Reactive programming (RxJs) and GraphQL
- Browser page-load and run-time performance optimisation
- Experience with frontend application testing (unit, acceptance, E2E)
- Experience working in Agile environments
Bonus points (but not required):
- full-stack tendencies (we roll on DDD, Event-Sourcing (Axon), CQRS, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kubernetes)
- some background in UI design
Please send us your CV, availability, salary expectations and the works you are proud of.
Please apply via our Job Portal: https://layer-jobs.personio.de/job/186934
Layer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity, and those individuals with disabilities to apply.
For more insights on our culture, team, tech and interview process head over to our Culture Insight Guide