We are the Github for spreadsheets
(Senior/Lead) Backend Engineer (Kotlin, DDD, CQRS, Event-Sourcing) (d/f/m)€55k – €85k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Every day, millions of people use spreadsheets for business-critical processes. However, running these spreadsheet processes is painful. Sharing and collecting spreadsheet data is done manually, too many emails are sent back and forth, keeping track of all changes and file versions is cumbersome and leads to loss of control and transparency.
In short, we are building GitHub for Spreadsheets.
Layer is a cutting-edge web platform which fosters collaboration and increases productivity with the potential to reach millions of users worldwide. By introducing a productivity layer on top of Excel and Google Sheets, we are on a global mission to change how any team in any company works with spreadsheets.
Our team & culture
We think it’s about owning what you do and getting it done. We value outcome over output. We treat each other with respect and are in this together. We back our decision-making with logic and are not afraid of making mistakes.
Our team is our most important asset. We want to empower you to grow in the direction you most desire.
- a competitive salary
- employee stock options
- conference and educational budget
- flexible hours and option to work partly remotely
- and many more
Check our Culture Insight Guide
If you are:
- strong problem-solver with a user-centric mindset
- proud of your high-quality code
- ambitious to leave a mark
- tenacious and attentive to detail
- eager to work closely with an experienced team and seasoned founders
then join our team in Berlin as a senior backend engineer!
- Architect and build our application (currently in private beta) using up-to-date technology and development principles
- Brainstorm with product specialists to conceptualize and build new features in both the core and the micro-services
- Spar with other engineers and review code
- Take an active part in our team's continuous strive for improving our standards and processes
- Strong CQRS and DDD knowledge
- Experience with Java/Kotlin
- In-depth experience with application testing, releasing and deployment
- Knowledge of Reactive Programming and API design
- Being framework agnostic
- Experience working in Agile environments
Bonus points (but not required):
- Experience with Axon Framework, Spring Boot, Gradle
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Circle CI
- Some full-stack tendencies (we roll on Angular, GraphQL, TypeScript)
Please send us your CV, availability, salary expectations, and the works you are proud of.
Please apply via our Job Portal: https://layer-jobs.personio.de/job/186919
Layer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity, and those individuals with disabilities to apply.
For more insights on our culture, team, tech and interview process head over to our Culture Insight Guide