#1 Instagram Marketing Platform for Visual Marketers
What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers—from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- A natural tendency to take initiative, achieve results and generally #GSD.
- A desire to constantly stay organized and create efficiency using technology, bringing order to chaos and uncertainty.
- Teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- A humbleness to recognize that sometimes you’ll need to apologize and admit mistakes (we’re all human after all!)
- Understand and work well in startup culture - be able and willing to take on all sorts of tasks and responsibilities.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you're still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
About this Role
We are looking for a full-time UX Researcher. As a core member of the Product team, you will be a part of the product design life cycle - doing generative and evaluative research for a variety of features for both web and mobile applications. You will have experience in a variety of research methods and tools, and will know which methods best fits the type of research needed. You are self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment. You understand user psychology, quantitative analytics, and what good design looks like.
- User Research: conduct surveys, interviews, ethnography, demographic analysis to combine with product research, and various mixed methods.
- Competitive Research: analyze and stay on top of competitive products, industry and market trends.
- Usability Testing: conduct usability tests on interactive prototypes.
- Analysis: Define, evaluate, and improve key usage and usability metrics
- Work collaboratively with the design team, marketing, customer success, and engineers to evaluate and improve the user experience.
Need to Haves
- 4+ years experience being a part of shipping web and mobile application
- Degree in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, UI Design/Development or related degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Demonstrated experience in user research process from planning, recruitment, execution, and delivering results.
- Experience conducting usability testing, survey development, ethnographic research, and measuring usability metrics
- Experience with data analytics, web analytics, A/B testing, and other quantitative techniques to inform and guide UX design decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that allow you to clearly communicate to both external users, and internal team members
- Experience with user testing tools (ex. Usertesting.com, Lookback.io, etc)
- Technical background or a strong familiarity with software engineering would be a bonus
- $69,500 - $88,000
Later is proudly founded and based in Vancouver. We pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.
Product and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to work with us, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any links showcasing your skill set through this posting. This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team.
Note: Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.
Later at a glance
Later focuses on SaaS, Social Media Marketing, Brand Marketing, and Digital Marketing. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Later has raised $1.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.