#1 Instagram Marketing Platform for Visual Marketers
Data Analyst (Customer Success)
What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers—from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- A natural tendency to take initiative, achieve results and generally #GSD.
- A desire to constantly stay organized and create efficiency using technology, bringing order to chaos and uncertainty.
- Teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- A humbleness to recognize that sometimes you’ll need to apologize and admit mistakes (we’re all human after all!)
- Understand and work well in startup culture - be able and willing to take on all sorts of tasks and responsibilities.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you're still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
What you will be doing:
As a Data Analyst on the Customer Success team, you will build visibility and generate analytical insights around customer product usage, impact of Success led projects and initiatives, and most importantly customer retention. Your ultimate goal is to help Later’s Customer Success team have all the necessary data insights to understand customers retention in order to align all teams on how best to increase retention over time
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, this role will own data analysis and retention insights within the organization. The Customer Success team at Later are the champions of retention and our mission is to help Later customers achieve their visual marketing goals and desired outcomes with the help of our product. Within the Success team, the Data Analyst will find insights that can be leveraged to understand all aspects of product usage and retention to guide our team on the best strategies to help our customer achieve their goals. With a rapidly growing user-base in the millions, the ideal candidate for this role is an ambitious strategic thinker who loves to test and thinks about the bigger picture.
Embedded within the Success team, the Data Analyst will work closely with Onboarding, Education, and Engagement to uncover critical insights and develop hypotheses. You will be collaborating with Marketing, Growth, and Product teams to approach retention holistically.
- *Data ownership: *Support the Success team in understanding the retention by collecting, cleaning, and maintaining data pipelines from numerous sources.
- Create visibility: Assemble and maintain dashboards that will allow the Success team to visualize data for both scheduled and ad-hoc reporting
- Find opportunities: Perform in-depth data analyses to identify user behavior and interpret findings within our userbase to drive stronger retention
- Surface insights: Dive into Later’s subscription products and subscriber behavior, including funnel analysis, pricing and revenue analysis, user segmentation, user profitability, retention by cohort, and more
- *Iterative reporting: *Measure and report performance of all campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs). Build, maintain, and monitor KPI dashboarding on channel and overall Customer Success team performance.
- Interpret results: Monitor, analyze, and inform the Success team on ongoing retention experiments
- Forecasting: Support revenue and lifetime value forecasting of subscribers across different offerings
Need to Haves:
- B.S. in economics, decision science, statistics, engineering, applied math, operations research, or a related quantitative field (or equivilent)
- At least 2+ years of post-collegiate in a quantitative field in technology, subscription services, or equivalent post-graduate experience
- Bonus: Experience in a SMB SaaS environment
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Quantitative forecasting experience
- Significant experience with Excel
- Ability to communicate the results of your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Mixpanel and/or Amplitude
- Proficient with statistical packages in R, Python, and/or SAS
- £ 46,000 - 62,500
Later is proudly founded and based in Vancouver. We pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.
Product and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to work with us, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any links showcasing your skill set through this posting. This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team.
Note: Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.
Later at a glance
Later focuses on SaaS, Social Media Marketing, Brand Marketing, and Digital Marketing. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Later has raised $1.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.