#1 Instagram Marketing Platform for Visual Marketers
Web Developer (Growth Marketing)
What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers—from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- A natural tendency to take initiative, achieve results and generally #GSD.
- A desire to constantly stay organized and create efficiency using technology, bringing order to chaos and uncertainty.
- Teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- A humbleness to recognize that sometimes you’ll need to apologize and admit mistakes (we’re all human after all!)
- Understand and work well in startup culture - be able and willing to take on all sorts of tasks and responsibilities.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you're still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
About this Role
As the Web Developer for the Growth Marketing Team, you will be responsible for ensuring visitors to Later’s web properties have a seamless experience and are tracked accurately. You will set up and execute tests to push Later’s website and conversion rate forward. You will also own the implementation and maintenance of all of Later’s web properties.
Reporting into the Head of Growth Marketing, this role will be a part of a cross-functional team aimed at optimising performance throughout the funnel. Later’s revenue is entirely web based; as the Web Developer you will be a key member in improving the experience for millions of visitors and 3 million users (including some of the worlds top brands like Patagonia, GQ, and the Wall Street Journal).
We’re looking for an exceptional, experienced Web Developer to create, contribute to, and lead the Growth team’s front-end engineering work. This role will work very closely with the entire marketing organisation to incorporate their needs into high-quality code and beautiful UI.
- Implement clear and compelling user experiences that encourage users to take the next step with Later
- Create and upkeep all pages on Later’s site
- Lead the migration of the website to a CMS system
- Create landing pages that assist marketing campaigns
- Own the Integrations of all marketing-related tools
- Upkeep Google Tag Manager
- Own the workflow of pull requests to the marketing site all the way from start to pushing of code
- Brainstorm, iterate, and present your work to a diverse set of stakeholders and partners
- Have a growth mindset. Continue to iterate on ideas and know that our work is never done
- Be responsible for the site speed and semantic HTML of the web site for SEO purposes
What we are looking for
- Experience with HTML5/ SCSS
- Templating Systems (HAML / ERB) and YAML
- Knowledge of Website builders (Middleman, etc.)
- Knowledge of Github
- Proficient with Google Suites, specifically Google Tag Manager and Amplitude implementation
- Experience working specifically on a marketing site (SEO, small iteration, testing, ongoing optimization)
Bonus- Experience with heat-mapping software (Hotjar, Crazy Egg)
- Experience with testing software (Optimizely, Google Optimize)
- Experience implementing and using Segment
- Comfortability with Google Sheets and Excel
- Experience with email marketing implementation (data mapping, input/export)
- Passion for both mobile and web, and how users experience both
- $73,500 to $89,000
Later is proudly founded and based in Vancouver. We pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.
Product and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
How to Apply:
If you’d like to work with us, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any links showcasing your skill set through this posting. This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team.
Note: Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.
Later at a glance
Later focuses on SaaS, Social Media Marketing, Brand Marketing, and Digital Marketing. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Later has raised $1.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.