A startup accelerator based in New York that empowers founders to expand internationally
Digital Marketing Intern - Lair East LabsUp to $2k
About Lair East Labs
For Entrepreneurs, By Entrepreneurs.
Lair East Labs is a startup accelerator for founders interested in launching businesses in the US with access to Asia Market. At the heart of Lair East Labs Accelerator’s work lies the 10-week accelerator, in which we invest capital ($50K) and accelerate 8 -12 startups each year who are ready to explore and take on our program. Our 10-week program combines the best of both worlds- learn from alumni founders of top Silicon Valley-style accelerators and gain access to a mentor and investor network with extensive experience navigating the Asia market. In the year of operation, our portfolio companies have raised $27 million in the venture funding after completing the accelerator. For more information: please visit: laireastlabs.com.
About the Role
We are currently seeking intern(s) who is good at marketing and deeply passionate about startups. During this internship, you will work alongside our management team and top PR firm to create and implement innovative marketing strategies!
- Oversee and manage our social media channels for relevant news, portfolio updates, and marketing campaigns
- Produce marketing/sales collaterals towards our upcoming program(s)
- Manage email campaigns, maintain and grow emailing lists
- Communicate with startup founders and press outlets: writing pitches, blogs, etc.
- Create and manage our visual assets – videos, photos, etc. Test and optimize marketing tactics
- Conduct and present competitive analyses and market research
- A deep passion and /or interest in startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- Self-starter – able to take the initiative, prioritize and run on own with limited guidance
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Team player – happy to do whatever is required to support team
- BA/BS/Master candidate currently pursuing a degree in marketing/communication/relevant degrees at a prestigious university and/or digital marketing experience
- Experience with digital communications channels, including web sites, email campaigns, e-newsletter, and social media
- Experience in digital marketing tools - Mailchimp, CRM, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely
- Previous experience at a startup or digital agency strongly preferred but not required
- Previous experience with copywriting and/or ghostwriting preferred but not required
- Previous experience with WeChat(微信) marketing operations strongly preferred but not required
Deadline to Apply: Aug 1, 2020
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: 16~40 hours/week upon availability
Duration: 2~4 months
This is a non-paid internship and is an educational program to help people transit into and learn about startup and venture capital fields.
To apply, please send a brief elaboration (within 250 words) of your interest, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship - Spring 2020 - POSITION NAME - YOUR FULL NAME”. Thank you!
Lair East Labs at a glance
Lair East Labs focuses on SaaS, Healthcare, Marketplaces, Artificial Intelligence, and Consumer Electronics. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.