Exchange for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Monero, Zcash, and several more
Software Engineer in Test
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role. We will consider applicants based in North America and Europe.
- Build and enhance test automation frameworks for back-end testing
- Build out automated regression test suite to achieve higher test coverage
- Learn and understand the business domain and application architecture
- Collaborate on test strategy by reviewing functional requirements and design specifications with development and product teams
- Ensure timely completion of QA deliverables
- Comfortable writing not only automated tests but the frameworks and tooling that support them in multiple languages such as C++, Go, and Python
- Comfortable using Linux command line, Docker, and Git
- 3+ years QA experience in the financial sector
- Familiarity with common communication protocols, particularly HTTP, SSL/TLS, TCP sockets, and WebSockets
- Interest and familiarity with financial markets and trading, particularly order types and collateral/margin trading
- Prior experience implementing automated testing of distributed systems
- Well versed with issue-tracking tools such as Bugzilla and JIRA
- Comfortable and productive working on a remote-first basis
- BS in computer science or a related quantitative field
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:
Watch "Working at Kraken"
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange at a glance
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange focuses on Financial Services, Financial Exchanges, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, and Trade Platform. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Kraken Digital Asset Exchange has raised $118.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.