Kpler brings data intelligence to the energy markets
IT System Engineer Manager
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What will be your role?
We are looking for a highly motivated IT Systems Engineer Manager to ensure our IT velocity and scale given our fast growth.
As the IT manager, you will have the unique opportunity of defining and executing the global IT strategy, impacting all employees. Over time you will be responsible to create a distributed IT team.
Your team will actively collaborate with the Security, People, Finance, Office management teams to streamline processes and develop a great employee experience in a supportive and efficient environment.
You'll be given a lot of freedom and responsibility in choosing, evaluating, deploying and maintaining various hardware, software and systems to support our IT operations.
What you’ll do
• With the teams determine the best devices and software for each employee's mission.
• Provide hardware and software support to in all offices and remote (troubleshooting, replacement, theft, etc.)
• Advise and work on various projects with the teams (new offices, new solution deployments, new process automation, etc.)
• Assist in the administration and integration of hosted applications (Google Apps, SalesForce, NetSuite, etc...)
• Manage our inventory and maintain IT asset data (serial numbers, software keys, locations, etc.)
• Manage and maintain our network infrastructure.Manage contact with our third party providersSetup, deploy and manage tools to make your own work easier (e.g : MDM platform).
• Manage and deploy new devices configurations (laptops, phones) using MDM
• Design and document all the hardware and software processes and policies (purchase requests, support, security, renewal, buy-back, etc.)
• Manage all the purchases, stick to a budget and report to the financial teamProvide videoconferencing and live event support (Google meet, Whereby, etc)
You may be a fit if...
• You have at least 4 years of experience of technical support experience and managing IT environment
• You have a strong understanding of security best practices and IT corporate environment
• You have a good understanding of computer hardware and networking
• You have excellent communication and customer service skills: You can put yourself in the shoes of your interlocutor.
• You are adaptive and resourceful: There is always a solution, not finding one keeps you up at night.
• You love innovation and take initiative: you challenge the status quo, there is always better ways and you look for them.
• You are autonomous, flexible and can self-prioritize tasks
• You can learn fast
• You are very comfortable with Google Apps and software administration in general.
This role is based in Brussels but open to remote Europe
Why you REALLY need to join us...
• Our growth is fast: we build new features and products every day! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means IT has to innovate fast!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business and the impact you are making and build your career trying out different things!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we have more than 20 nationalities and speak more than 15 languages.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!