Kpler brings data intelligence to the energy markets
Mobile/Web Frontend Engineer
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Mobile/Web Frontend Engineer, with experience on data oriented SaaS front end, to join our software engineering team in Paris (30 engineers) with a strong interest in Data to participate in the development of an our new mobile PWA! We use lots of GIS data that are displayed using maps, polygons and charts.
As a Mobile/Web Frontend Engineer, you will:
• Be the lead developer for the mobile progressive web app
• Implement compelling, usable UIs; contribute to their design; and engineer them with VueJs, Mapboxgl, D3js and other exciting tech!
• Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
• Understand and create clean, performant APIs to power data visualizations
• Participate in other fronts: web, BI connectors
• Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
• Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
• Work and collaborate with the Paris and Singapore engineering teams
Our Tech stack includes:
• Typescript, VueJs, D3js, Mapboxgl, RESTful API and more on the frontend
• Python, Go, Scala, Postgresql, ElasticSearch and more on the backend
You may be a fit if...
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role including significant experience in building mobile web app.
• You have worked with a modern JS framework and have experience designing and implementing UIs
• You value code simplicity, performance and details
• You are familiar with data structures and algorithms
• You have demonstrated that you can learn and adapt quickly
• You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment
• You are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment
But you REALLY need to join us because...
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complicated! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business, see the impact you make and build your career trying out different things!
• We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we come from more than 20 countries and speak more than 15 languages.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!