Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Senior Manager, Finance and Business Operations
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
Kong is scaling and so is the Finance and Business Ops Team. We are looking for a Business Operations Senior Manager who is a self-starter and is ready to make an impact. This person must bring a high level of energy along with a can-do attitude and a sense of curiosity. You’ll be engaging with all parts of the Company collecting, analyzing and making recommendations with self-derived and cross-functional data on monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc cadences. This position has exposure to all executives across the organization as well as board materials.
What you'll be doing:
- Execution: Lead day to day operations and deliver on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the strategic vision for the company.
- Primarily focused on partnering with People Ops, Post Sales, Engineering, Product and some GTM activities.
- Operational Cadence/Rhythm of Business: Establish an operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives.
- Cost Reduction: Find and pursue cost reduction opportunities.
- Business Process Improvement: Manage centralize repository of processes and improve processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations.
Cross-Functional Financial Management- Facilitate Conversation: Create opportunities for synergies across the business ecosystem on topics such as developing business models, organizational design and cross-functional initiatives to drive long term business sustainability.
- Decision Making: Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making with leadership audiences.
- Build Relationships: Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence.
- Holistic View & Alignment: Develop and utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment.
Reporting, Metrics, Data and KPIs- Reporting: Author, manage, and deliver executive-level reporting, including weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports to manage risks and issues and improve team communication and collaboration. Consolidate and validate that company is on track with target metrics through the operating period and comparing them to plan, and ensure definition across organizations is consistent and accurate.
- Metrics: Lead creation, identification, and insights of metrics to improve business performance and drive business actions. Ensure top of the funnel activities (not only marketing) but also product lead growth-based metrics are tracked, benchmarked and actionable takeaways can be effectively implemented throughout the organization then measured again.
- KPIs: Develop and track key KPIs across the team to track strategic goals, milestones and accomplishments.
- Collection & Insights: Gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans and help drive and translate recommendations into results and track vs plan.
- Help build the Business Intelligence platform for all major KPI tracking and business tracking, advocate use and adoption of BI tools and help maintain information into and out of the BI platform.
Strategic Planning- Insights Framework: Build the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions related to responsible functions.
- Planning and Business Rhythms: Run organizational planning and business rhythm process in alignment with all other functions to develop vision, mission, goals, objectives and key results (OKRs), resource and capital plans, etc. Work with key stakeholders in creating a tops-down and bottoms up short term and medium term budget that supports the LOB.
- New Opportunities: Explore new markets and business models through industry trends, historical trends, forward looking forecasts, competitive assessment, etc. and build/evaluate recommendations for strategic growth and monetization.
People and Resource Planning- Resource Planning & Management: Working with People Ops to help maintain resource management system, applicant tracking system and surrounding platforms to effectively manage resource utilization.
- Measurement of Existing Resources: Team with People Ops to work with Department Heads to allocate capital needs, resource timing and prioritize investments and track ROI.
Communications and Change Management- Framework: Establish a structure and cadence of program and function reviews to increase visibility, drive alignment, and resolve blockers.
- Change Management: Develop strategic change and drive change management and business transformation efforts.
What you'll bring:
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
- High attention to detail with the ability to keep the big picture in mind.
- Affinity towards leadership and action.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Results-focused, team-oriented and a strong work ethic.
- 7+ years of Finance and or Business Operations experience with 2+ years of experience in a SAAS business.
- Power user status when it comes to Excel.
- Background in corporate finance or investment banking.
- Bachelors in finance, accounting, or quantitative field.
- Experience with Salesforce, forecasting or planning tools (Anaplan or Adaptive Insights) and Business Intelligence Platforms - Tableau or Looker
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP required
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.