Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Insomnia)
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for building new features and tooling for Insomnia, the incredibly powerful and open source API client.
This position is available to remote workers and at Kong Headquarters in San Francisco.
What you'll be doing:
- Deliver high quality code in a React.js presentation layer
- Build and use APIs to power innovative features into Insomnia
- Write automated tests to ensure behavior of code and avoid regressions
- Work as an integral part of a small, geographically distributed agile software development team to build features end-to-end
What you'll bring:
- 3-6 years working in a team to develop and deploy web applications
- Comfortable with deploying React code into production environments
- Knowledge of the browser networking stack
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with data modeling in relational databases
- Comfortable with git and Github workflows
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- engineers at Kong write the documentation for their products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience with our technology stack, including: React, Electron, Golang and Postgres
- Designing and building software in the cloud and on prem
- Working with remote team members
- Experience contributing to open source software
For more information about Kong, please visit https://konghq.com/ or follow @thekonginc on Twitter. 2019 Kong Summit Highlight Video
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.