Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Field Engineer- US
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
About this Role:
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced Startup as a member of the Field Engineering team. This team is responsible for interfacing with our customers on billable projects as well as producing tooling, white papers and other marketing content.
As a member of the Field Engineering team you will act as a pathfinder for our largest and most critical customers. Helping establish, implement and customize API Connectivity platforms that process hundreds of billions of transactions globally.
In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent Kong culture and values everyday.
This is one of the most technically challenging roles in the industry, and working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to combine that challenge with helping to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses run in the digital age.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with a diverse team of people from all over the world
- Work on innovative and cutting edge customer projects
- Help innovate our tooling and processes to make you and your team more efficient Learning our products and technologies, taking that knowledge and applying it to real world usage
- Collaborating with other peers, business partners and groups. Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of production deployments, what is recommended and why
- Working with Sales and Product teams to ensure our customers are getting the most out of the solution
- You will be leading customer discussions and small scale projects
What you'll bring:
- Passion and determination about technology
- Enjoy working with others and collaborating
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience required
- Practical working knowledge of API’s and microservices architectures
- Proficient in Linux environments including Cloud and Development tooling
- Ability to travel to customer and Kong locations as-needed (post COVID)
- Experience with application development is highly preferred
- Candidates with prior experience in Open Source and/or infrastructure software companies will be given preference
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.