Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Senior Customer Reliability Engineer- US
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
About the Role:
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced Startup as a technical leader in the Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) team. This team is responsible for assisting Kong customers in resolving complex technical issues in production and pre-production environments. As a leader in the CRE team you will be engaged to work directly with our customers on the most complex technical problems. When not working directly on customer issues, you will mentor other team members. You will work cross functionally with other customer experience colleagues and with product and engineering to highlight supportability and usability themes impacting customer experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with a diverse team of people from all over the world
- Working with innovative and cutting edge technologies
- Voraciously learning our products and related technologies and the environments where they are deployed
- Working cross functionally with engineering, product and pre and post sales field services to develop and maintain best practices for architecting Kong solutions
- Continuously engaging product and engineering on improving product quality, usability and supportability to optimize customer experience and customer loyalty
- Delivering deep dive technical workshops to internal and external stakeholders to raise their knowledge and understanding of the product portfolio
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrable passion and determination about technology
- Enjoy working with others and collaborating
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience required
- Proficient in Linux environments including Cloud and Development tooling
- Experience designing, prototyping, building and debugging server platforms and applications that are highly scalable, reliable, and resilient
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful APIsExperience with data modeling in relational and no-SQL databasesExperience with scripting languages such as Perl, Ruby, Shell GoLang and/or Lua experience highly desirable
- Comfortable with git and Github workflowExperience working in Kubernetes and Cloud Native environments, particularly with application deployments and connectivity is highly preferred
- Proven ability to write and present on complex topics to highly technical audiences
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.