Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Director, Customer Experience - Nordics
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced startup as a regional leader of the Customer Experience team. This organization has roles that are responsible for interfacing with our customers across the pre and post-sales lifecycle, and you will be responsible for those teams within your region with direct reporting and P&L responsibility. Our CX teams are looking to lead the way in the industry and shape how companies in our space engage with customers for the next 20 years.
As a leader on the team you will act as a trusted partner and sponsor for our largest and most critical customers. Ensuring all successful day to day operations for the Customer Experience Management (CXM), Field Engineering (FE) and Technical Account Management (TAM) teams in the region.
In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent Kong culture and values everyday. You will also be responsible for ensuring the regional CX teams execute on this vision.
This is one of the most challenging roles in the industry, and we are trying to do things differently. Your existing playbook and experience will be useful, but expect the need to innovate and be creative in how we address everything from titles to billable project structure.
Working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to combine those operational and people challenges with helping to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses are running in the digital age.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar leader and mentor for the rest of Kong.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own regional CX execution including hiring, staffing, growth and day to day operations
- Define and pitch effective solutions for our customers Connectivity problems
- Collaborate with Sales leadership to effectively drive deals to close and good customer experience throughout the lifecycle
- Hire, lead and collaborate with a diverse team of people
- Deliver insights and assistance on process, reporting and strategy elements
- Accurately and consistently provide revenue and utilization forecasts for post sales teams
- Ensure successful execution of all projects and post sales events
- Manage escalations without supervision
- Act as a technical mentor for the team, while this is a managerial role you should have some relevant insight and experience to provide the team with authentic mentorship
- Understand how to effectively present executives (internal and external) with data and business cases / justification
What We Are Looking For:
- Above all - a leader who loves growing their team
- Show passion and determination about technology
- Enjoy working with others and collaborating
- Operate with the utmost transparency and authenticity both internally and externally
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must
- 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Familiarity with modern software constructs and architectural patterns and how to discuss them with humans - but know your limits and hand off to the team when necessary
- Proven ability to write and present on complex topics
- Proven track record of exceeding key business goals including bookings, revenue, margin, NDR and similar
- Prior experience in Open Source companies is highly preferred
- Prior experience managing customer facing teams with financial goals is highly preferred
- Ability to travel to customer and Kong locations as-needed (post COVID)
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.