Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Sr. Field Engineer - Germany/Nordics
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced Startup as a member of the Field Engineering team. This team is responsible for interfacing with our customers on billable projects as well as producing tooling, white papers and other marketing content.
As a member of the Field Engineering team you will act as a pathfinder for our largest and most critical customers. Helping establish, implement and customize API Connectivity platforms that process hundreds of billions of transactions globally.
In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent Kong culture and values everyday.
This is one of the most technically challenging roles in the industry, and working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to combine that challenge with helping to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses run in the digital age.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with a diverse team of people from all over the world
- Work on innovative and cutting edge customer projects
- Help innovate our tooling and processes to make you and your team more efficient
- Learning our products and technologies, taking that knowledge and applying it to real world usage
- Collaborating with other peers, business partners and groups.
- Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of production deployments, what is recommended and why
- Working with Sales and Product teams to ensure our customers are getting the most out of the solutionYou will be leading customer discussions and small scale projects
What We Are We Looking For:
- Show passion and determination about technology
- Enjoy working with others and collaborating
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must8+ years of relevant technical experience required
- Prior Enterprise Application transformation and modernization experience
- Proficient in Linux environments including Cloud and Development tooling
- Experience writing, governing and modernizing API’s
- Experience designing microservices architectures and decoupling monolithic applications including reading and writing enterprise application code (eg Java, Python, C or other languages)
- Experience in Go language highly preferred
- Experience working in Kubernetes and Cloud Native environments, particularly with application deployments and connectivity is highly preferred
- Ability to travel to customer and Kong locations as-needed (post COVID)
About Kong Inc.
Kong creates software that connects APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s solutions enable digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.