Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Principal Customer Reliability Engineer - Americas
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
About the role:
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced Startup as an engineer in the Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) team. This team is responsible for assisting Kong customers in resolving complex technical issues in production and pre-production environments.
You will have the opportunity to work with your teammates and our customers to support many new, leading-edge technologies that solve real challenges. You will work to provide robust feedback and guidance to our Product and Engineering teams while being a voice for our customers, community, partners and the broader Customer Experience (CX) team. You want to make our customers and partners successful while strengthening their relationship with Kong. You can make a huge impact and have real ownership for the work you do.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with top developers from around the world; helping to implement Kong Products and Technologies including our API Gateway and ServiceMesh solutions
- Leading the investigation of complex technical puzzles and working collaboratively to understand and resolve customer issues
- Be the champion of our customers by providing real-time feedback to Kong about product performance and customer needs
- Assisting other Customer Experience (CX) teams including Education, Technical Account Managers with critical issues and ensuring all solutions and concepts we present are done with a single voice
- Be a driver of innovation within the support team, the company and with our customers, by looking for better ways to do the work we do, improve the tools we use and the how we raise the bar on the service we deliver to our Global 5000 customers
What you bring:
- You are a voracious learner, who loves to dig into technical mysteries and have the creativity to solve complex technical problems
- You can build relationships with like-minded teammates, smart customers, and global partners
- Some of the skills that you will regularly use include:REST and RESTful APIsCoding skills- (at a minimum read and troubleshoot code)Containers, cluster deployment and management tools like Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes and others
- You know your way around web architectures including HTTP
- At least three years of experience in a customer facing technical role
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.