Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Senior UX Designer
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer with a passion for building technical tools and scalable design systems. Our designers build the UI that developers around the world rely on to manage, monitor and document their APIs. You’ll act as a leader within the design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better. You’ll not only own the success or failure of your design work, you’ll help other designers communicate their ideas and the support for their design decisions across the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to understand how customers use Kong and what they need to succeed.
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user feedback into ideas, sketch and prototype to bring them to life, and ship products and features that improve the developer experience.
- Communicate both your design work and the support for your design decisions across the company
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built
What you’ll bring:
- You have 7+ years of experience in digital product design
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping interaction design work in web applications
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- You have experience with Sketch, Figma, Invision and other modern design tools
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth startup environment
- You validate your work with qualitative and quantitative data
- You are familiar with usability testing practices
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You have worked on technical products and data visualizations
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tools
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.