Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role:
You will be responsible for leading a team that is building and maintaining workflows that automate releasing, testing and deploying Kong Cloud products. Improving staging and production environments for SaaS distributions. Research and build monitoring/analyze tools to optimize building and deploying code-base, manage distributed systems and application resources. You will build workflows for delivering our software to a variety of platforms including AWS, GCP, Azure, and container technologies like Docker, Swarm, Mesosphere and Kubernetes to automate deployment and scale our products.
What you bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of leading/mentoring a team
- Experience with continuous/rapid release engineering (CI/CD)
- "Infrastructure as Code" configuration management systems such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience building and administering alerting and monitoring systems for API services
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL/MySQL and Linux/Unix systems
- Knowledge of one or more mainstream programming languages (Go, C/C++, Python, PHP)
- Strong skills in network services such as DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment
- Experience implementing secure and highly-available distributed systems/microservices
- Performance analysis and debugging with tools like perf, sar, strace, dtrace
- Time series databases (OpenTSDB, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Design, implement, manage and orchestrate container clusters
For more information about Kong, please visit https://konghq.com/ or follow @thekonginc on Twitter. 2019 Kong Summit Highlight Video
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.