Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Staff Engineer - Enterprise (Remote)
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
You will be responsible for delivering high visibility and impact features in Kong Enterprise. Working closely with Engineering, Product Management, Sales and Customer Success you will add features, plugins and custom fixes that will materially impact customer’s and Kong’s business. You will also help to maintain a streamlined build and test CI/CD system. You will help coordinate the incorporation into Kong Enterprise of upstream features from the Kong open source distribution.
What you'll be doing:
- Work on large impact, high visibility features that drive business
- Maintain and extend Kong Enterprise to support application features
- Write automated tests to ensure behavior of code and avoid regressions
- Maintain the CI/CD systems needed to deliver a high quality product
- Provides design specific feedback on product/technology vision and strategy, and helps senior management to inform and incorporate into technical architecture roadmap.
- Proactively analyzes recurring design defects and establishes design practices for early detection and avoidance across all features of the product team.
- Put teamwide best practices in place for architecture, design, and development before implementation starts.
- Mentoring and pairing with other team members
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years working in a team to develop, package and deliver applications
- Experience designing, prototyping, building and debugging server platforms and applications that are highly scalable, reliable, and resilient
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with data modeling in relational and no-SQL databases
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Ruby, Shell -- bonus points for Lua
- Comfortable with git and Github workflow
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- engineers at Kong write the documentation for their products
- Experience developing and supporting a large scale SaaS platform
- Hands on experience with Nginx/OpenResty/Lua
- Hands on experience with TypeScript
- Hands on experience with Travis/Jenkins CI/CD
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.