Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Senior Software Engineer - Kubernetes (Remote)
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role:
You will be part of a team that builds the Kong for Kubernetes.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for managing and making Kong cloud-native. This team is responsible for making and pushing kong to the bleeding edge of cloud-native and the CNCF stack.
What you'll be doing:
- Work on Kong for Kubernetes, Ingress controller, and helm charts
- Add features and maintain Kong’s integrations with Prometheus, Grafana, Helm, and other products in the CNCF space.
- Design and build extend Kong for Cloud-Native Stack
- Leverage your deep experience working on large scale cloud-native infrastructure
What you'll bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Interest or experience in Kubernetes, service mesh, L3/4/7 Proxy, API services, container technologies, and the Cloud Native Stack.
- Experience in running Kubernetes or having a thorough understanding of Kubernetes architecture
- Solid hands-on low level technical expertise, understanding distributed systems, networking and computer systems programming
- Strong sense of ownership and good communication skills
- A demonstrable track record of large scale C/C++/Go projects, familiar with gRPC, Containerization and Microservices
- Hands on experience of building and maintain Kubernetes controllers or operators
- Experience in building and fostering an Open-Source community
- Hands-on technical leadership experience
- Experience scoping, resourcing, managing and overcoming obstacles in software development projects
For more information about Kong, please visit https://konghq.com/ or follow @thekonginc on Twitter. 2019 Kong Summit Highlight Video
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.