Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Enterprise Applications
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
Kong Enterprise is deployed in companies around the world that need performant, reliable, and scalable services in front of their APIs. Key applications in this offering include Kong Manager, for configuring and monitoring the proxy, and Kong Developer Portal, for publishing API documentation and managing developer experience. Two deployment models -- on-premises and hosted -- give Kong's customers flexibility and give you the opportunity to architect solutions for both.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will design, develop and deploy features on one or both of these applications, for deployment on-prem or in the cloud.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop and maintain features in web applications
- Write automated tests to ensure code quality and avoid regressions
- Contribute to Kong's open-source component library, kongponents
- Work as an integral part of an agile software development team to build features end-to-end
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years working on teams to develop and deploy web applications
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Expertise with data modeling
- Comfortable with git and Github workflows
- Expertise with test-driven development and automated testingExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Bonus Points: Hands-on experience with any of the following:
- Vue.js and NestJS
- Writing and supporting large-scale SaaS solutions
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.