Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Account Executive - San Francisco
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced sales professional, ideally with open source experience who will be selling into global enterprise accounts. The ideal candidate has been a part of the sales efforts for other early-stage enterprise products in an entrepreneurial setting. The Account Executive will be integral to our growth plan and in acquiring new customers. Kong’s Account Executive will be the primary point of contact and the face of Kong for our prospects.
What you'll be doing:
- Sell Kong Enterprise Platform to enterprise customers
- Meet individual quota and objectives
- Take ownership of your book of business, which includes understanding and documenting the buying criteria and process, determining the appropriate motion and patterns, ensuring pipeline accuracy based on evidence, and working the leads to closure
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process and contribute to analysis on wins/losses
- Ability to travel to customer sites as required (30% - 50%)
What you'll bring:
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with Kong
- 5+ years of experience in selling enterprise software; experience with open source, APIs, and/or infrastructure software a big plus
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Experience with fast growing startups is a plus
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.