Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
VP of Digital Sales
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
Are you ready to join the API and Microservices revolution?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
About the role:
As our VP of Digital Sales, you will collaborate with the Kong leadership team to design and execute a global GTM strategy for our SDR/ADR and Digital Account Executive teams. You will understand the nuances of global markets and align your team resources and messaging to best support those nuances.
You will develop, train and hire highly motivated and enthusiastic managers to support your team members. You will provide leadership, strategic planning, and best practices to empower their results.
Your collaboration with clients and other Kong teams will translate in success for all.
What you’ll be doing:
- In collaboration with Kong’s go to market leadership team, you will design and execute a strategy to drive revenue globally
- Recruit, train, and optimize a global SDR management team (responsible for inbound and outbound prospecting and researching) and a team of Digital Account Executives, who will run a full sales cycle
- Create a leadership engine that offers an exciting, fulfilling career path for SDR and Digital Account Executives with the goal of skills enhancement and upward growth.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of SDR and Inside Sales leadership experience
- Proven success as a Sales leader, in an IT, DevOps, or Security company
- Experience as a second line manager, developing a global SDR/Inside Sales strategy
- Experience using CRM tools such as SalesForce.com, Outreach, Discover.org
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.