Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Sales Development Representative
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
With more than +60 million downloads, there’s a reason why companies are flocking to work with Kong and our open source API Gateway: We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our team works on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a “central nervous system” for data and services.
We are looking for sales development representatives to join our team. Someone that is ready to work at a fast-paced and dynamic startup. You are a team player that thrives under constant change, enjoys collaborating with senior sales executive to get new opportunities, and constantly looking to improve and grow as a professional. You enjoy big challenges, and a self-starter to help us get to the next level! In addition, you enjoy working with like-minded individuals working hard side-by-side to help you succeed.
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
About the role:
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Kong you will be a primary driver of expanding our business and sharing the value of what we provide to prospects. We're looking for someone who is tenacious at getting people to engage through email, phone and social selling, doing extensive research to build the case and to find alternate ways into the company. You’ll be building the case for each company and how Kong can help them overcome their specific challenges. Like any high performing team, you will be measured by opportunity generation. Our goal is to help you become an exceptional salesperson by teaching you the fundamentals of lead qualification, value selling, and solving challenges, big and small. You will be the first line of engagement with future customers and will be critical to the success of Kong as an organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify high potential companies & buyers who can benefit from Kong’s solution.
- Partner closely with Account Executives to ideate and execute on effective prospecting strategies to generate Sales Accepted Opportunities.
- Develop, test and iterate messaging across multiple industries and personas.
- Articulate the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums.
- Become an expert at leveraging industry-leading technologies (Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Groove, DiscoverOrg, Drift, Chorus, etc) to increase efficiency and effectiveness of revenue opportunity generation.
- Ask the right questions to qualify and guide conversations to best understand our prospects’ needs and desires.
- Codify and contribute learnings and best practices to team members.
- Use a data driven approach to identify success and focus on optimizing conversion rates.
- Diligently update SalesForce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups.
What you'll bring:
- BA/BS degree
- 9 months to 1+ year of SDR experience, at a technology company is a big plus
- Tenacious, persistent, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and results-driven
- A ‘hunter’ mentality - comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and following up on incoming leads and strong desire to win
- Thrive in ambiguity and are able to create process from chaos
- Ability and willingness to learn, to react to and share lessons learned across the organization
- Open to feedback and can apply to your daily workflow
- The ability to listen intently, ask the right questions, address challenges, guide conversations, and nurture relationships
- Confident presentation skills, a comfort level with senior professionals and the communications skills to articulate the Kong value proposition
- Experience working with a technical product or possess the aptitude to quickly learn this.
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.