Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
About the role:
You will be responsible for building and maintaining workflows that automate releasing, testing and deploying Kong Cloud products. Improving staging and production environments for SaaS distributions. Research and build monitoring/analyze tools to optimize building and deploying code-base, manage distributed systems and application resources. You will build workflows for delivering our software to a variety of platforms including AWS, GCP, Azure, and container technologies like Docker, Swarm, Mesosphere and Kubernetes to automate deployment and scale our products.
What you bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with continuous/rapid release engineering (CI/CD)
- "Infrastructure as Code" configuration management systems such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience building and administering alerting and monitoring systems for API services
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL/MySQL and Linux/Unix systems
- Knowledge of one or more mainstream programming languages (Go, C/C++, Python, PHP)
- Strong skills in network services such as DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment
- Experience implementing secure and highly-available distributed systems/microservices
- Performance analysis and debugging with tools like perf, sar, strace, dtrace
- Time series databases (OpenTSDB, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Design, implement, manage and orchestrate container clusters
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.