Next-Generation API Platform for Modern Architectures
Field Enablement, Director
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
About the Role:
Kong is looking to bring on a new Director of Field Enablement with substantial product-led sales experience to own, strategize, and execute on an enablement program that operationalizes success across Kong’s GTM teams.
You’ll drive fast and effective ramping programs for new hires, critical ongoing enablement to keep the field sharp, and new tools and programs that help our customer facing team members provide a great experience for our customers. This will include developing our learning strategy, building engaging onboarding and ongoing learning curriculum, studying the field to see what behaviors lead to exceptional productivity, setting ambitious goals for enablement, measuring success against those goals, and much more.
What you'll be doing:
- Your top challenge is to build a training program to ensure Kong’s sales team remain best in class - this includes all revenue roles (AE, SE, SDR, BDR, Sales Leadership, Customer Success).
- Develop and execute an onboarding program with role-specific training paths, in-person training (in a post-COVID world), and virtual classrooms.
- Develop programs to maximize the following metrics: Speed to ramp for new hires, percent of team members hitting role objectives (i.e. % of AEs hitting quota and pipeline targets).
- Work with marketing and products teams to translate our competitive differentiation into corporate pitch decks and supporting sales content that enable field selling effectiveness.
- Manage the administration of our enablement tools and programs from course creating and playbooks; including but not limited to 1-on-1 coaching, management training, sales methodologies/processes enablement, product/pitch certifications, and sales skills development.
- Effectively source, design and facilitate product content to increase knowledge and competencies of our go-to-market teams.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize reporting systems for the GTM team and leadership to measure program success.
- Develop an ongoing maintenance process for enablement content, partnering closely with our Sales, CS, Marketing, and BDR teams.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our GTM leadership and ensure enablement program alignment with the organization's goals.
- Orchestrate and execute on GTM events like Sales Kickoff and QBRs.
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of working in an enablement function within a product-led organization.
- Analytical and metrics-driven mindset, with a desire to launch, learn, and iterate to continually improve programs.
- Exceptionally strong writing, presentation and verbal communications skills, with the ability to clearly and simply articulate concepts, messages and strategies.
- Ability to work across the organization, especially with sales, at all levels to strategize and execute on all enablement programs.
- Ability to manage multiple programs, set priorities and meet deadlines, while staying organized.
- Proficiency with sales enablement tools (LevelJump, Salesforce, Highspot, Confluence, ZoomInfo, Clari) and the MEDDPICC methodology.
- Ability to identify content gaps and organize enablement material for the company, help the sales team save time by not searching for content across multiple sources.
- You have built sales enablement programs from the ground up.
- You have a strategic mindset and a tactical work ethic.
- You have experience producing within a hyper-growth environment.
- Most importantly, you’re enthusiastic about enabling others and strive to create cultures of success.
Kong at a glance
Kong focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Information Services, Developer APIs, and Development Platforms. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kong has raised $69.101M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.