Data management as a service
Software Engineer, File System and Storage$100k – $180k • 0.0% – 0.15%
Komprise is the third startup for a team of serial entrepreneurs whose last startup, Kaviza, eliminated a centralized SAN and drastically reduced the cost for virtual desktops and was acquired by Citrix.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with a storage or file system background and who is excited at the prospect of working in a dynamic environment with the latest technologies and a small core team where they can make a difference. This is an opportunity to start on the ground floor, apply your experience in a hybrid cloud environment and grow with a company that has huge potential.
Areas of experience:
• Storage domain experience: file systems, protocols (NFS, SMB, CIFS, VMFS), sapshots, backup, de-duplication
• Programming skills: C++ and/or Java with impeccable design skills
• Experience with object-based file systems and REST is ideal (e.g. Amazon S3, Azure, Swift)
• Experience with distributed file systems, clustering, scaling is a plus
• Should have solid grasp of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, multi-threading
• Experience with cloud storage and object storage is a real plus
Must be passionate and enjoy a fast-paced, customer focused environment working with a small core team of like-minded people
Komprise at a glance
Komprise focuses on Digital Media, Healthcare, Financial Services, and Legal. Their company has offices in Campbell. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Komprise has raised $12M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2017.
You can view their website at http://www.komprise.com