A reloadable card and app with real-time insights into your spending. Restore Balance
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. More than 175,000 Canadians have signed up to join KOHO and we’re just getting started!
KOHO offers a card and mobile app that together allow users to manage daily financial needs (direct pay cheque load, bill pay, ATM cash withdrawals, etc.), while offering tools such as automated savings goals, real-time updates, transfers, spending insights, categorizations and much more.
About the Role
The KOHO team is actively trying to change financial services in Canada, and we’re looking for sharp and interesting people to join us. We’re searching for a savvy QA Lead who has worked on a development team and has mobile automation experience.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment and are fun to eat lunch with, we’d love to hear from you. We value potential as much as we value experience, so if you think you’d be a great fit, don’t hesitate to apply.
Quality assurance lead will work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Quality assurance lead is also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will join the team of hands-on, proactive, self-motivated and seasoned QA professionals.
- Own overall test strategy (including manual and automated)
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including metrics, apply industry best practices and developing new tools and processes
- Proactively identify risks in QA process and improvements in product development
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes and approve tools/techniques
- Mentor, coach and developer junior and intermediate QA team members
- Report and provide status on testing phases- test plan to test case creation, test automation, bug triaging to final release
- Develop and implement test plans and standards including performance and test automation
- Ensure bugs are appropriately identified tracked and resolved
- Recommend solutions or workarounds to defects when appropriate
- Coordinate with development leads on test strategies, project timelines and raise any risks
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
Desired Skills & Experience
- Graduated from college or higher with a speciality in software development and/or QA
- 3+ years experience with Quality Assurance testing on iOS and Android
- Experience with QA Automation tools (e.g. Appium) and automation planning
- Experience with tools Postman is preferred
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies, testing approaches, strategies and tools
- Ability to work with a team of expert software engineers
- Knowledge of mobile testing, web services is an asset
- ISTQB certifications are an asset
- Experience in a start up is an asset
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective.
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.