A reloadable card and app with real-time insights into your spending. Restore Balance.
Email Marketing Specialist
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. More than 175,000 Canadians have signed up to join KOHO and we’re just getting started!
KOHO offers a card and mobile app that together allow users to manage daily financial needs (direct pay cheque load, bill pay, ATM cash withdrawals, etc.), while offering tools such as automated savings goals, real-time updates, transfers, spending insights, categorizations and much more.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Email Marketing Specialist to take the lead with our email marketing strategies. Your main duties include running email marketing campaigns end-to-end, managing email databases and creating newsletters. You’re curious by nature and are constantly finding new ways to nurture and convert users. You love research, experimentation, and continual optimization.
If you’re interested in web technologies and can generate innovative ideas to increase conversion, then please introduce yourself! Your role is to reach customers through email campaigns and inform them about new products and events. Above all, you want to nurture and engage our user base to ensure they fully understand the benefits of KOHO.
We’re migrating to a new automation tool that will allow us to deliver customized messaging at the right time and place along the user journey. We’re searching for someone who wants to help us build that personalized email architecture and maximize the tool at hand. Extra points for someone who can crank out first drafts of copy that captures the need-to-know information.
- Monitor the automated email campaigns to identify areas to optimize and provide ongoing reporting on analytics/tracking, A/B testing, campaign health, and list management
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Ensure mobile-friendly email templates
- Upgrade our email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features
- Create email databases for lead generation
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
- Create and maintain email marketing related dashboards and reports
- Build and maintain forms and landing pages to support acquisition, nurture/re-engagement, and customer marketing efforts
- Conduct regular audits of the database and support the creation of segments using demographic and behavioural criteria
- Maintain the quality of marketing data including compliance with CASL and related regulatory requirements
- Implement best practices for the marketing database, including data governance, regulatory compliance, predictive analysis on the overall growth or contraction of the database
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation of standard operational processes and procedures
- Support the training of the marketing team on tools, reports, data availability while driving adoption of standard marketing processes, systems, and tools across the team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven work experience as an Email marketer or Digital marketing specialist
- Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- An excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and cross functionally
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective.
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.