A reloadable card and app with real-time insights into your spending. Restore Balance.
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. More than 175,000 Canadians have signed up to join KOHO and we’re just getting started!
KOHO offers a card and mobile app that together allow users to manage daily financial needs (direct pay cheque load, bill pay, ATM cash withdrawals, etc.), while offering tools such as automated savings goals, real-time updates, transfers, spending insights, categorizations and much more.
About the Role:
We're building KOHO for the benefit of all Canadians, and we're looking for talented Product Designers to help us realize this vision.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming to tweaking pixels. You will be using your skills in UX design, product design, interaction design, visual design and prototyping to create product experiences that deliver measurable value.
Our dream candidate is a user obsessed, enthusiastic team player who enjoys working closely with other designers, developers and product lead, and is eager to help solve a range of wicked problems. We're searching for someone with great talent, super attitude, and a passion for helping people through smarter design.
- You can think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it looks’ but ‘why we should build’)
- A team player who loves to collaborate and bounce ideas off others - you understand that giving/receiving feedback is crucial in your development and growth
- Experience with prototyping tools and have a knack for beautiful, functional design
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly, and testing hypotheses in an agile environment
- Experience working as a part of an end-to-end development team, collaborating with and providing design direction to talented developers, understanding the technical requirements of what it takes to implement your design
- Produce solutions that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges
- Prepare wireframes, user flows, process flows, sitemaps and other artefacts to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Discuss designs and key milestone deliverables with peers and executive level stakeholders
- Perform user research and evaluate user feedback
- Proficiency in the latest design software including Sketch and InVision
Desired Skills & Experience
- Looking for experienced UX practitioners with 2+ years experience
- Solid understanding of user centred design principles and processes including familiarity with mobile design standards / best practices
- Visual/graphic design background or experience with an appreciation for clean, simple design
- Ability to pay attention to details while still being able to see the big picture
- Undergraduate degree or post-secondary education in a related discipline such as Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Computer Science, Interactive Media, Web Design, Information/Business Technology, or related field
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective.
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.