A reloadable card and app with real-time insights into your spending. Restore Balance.
Back End Developer
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. More than 175,000 Canadians have signed up to join KOHO and we’re just getting started!
KOHO offers a card and mobile app that together allow users to manage daily financial needs (direct pay cheque load, bill pay, ATM cash withdrawals, etc.), while offering tools such as automated savings goals, real-time updates, transfers, spending insights, categorizations and much more.
About the Role
As a Back End Developer at KOHO, you will be creating backend APIs for some pretty slick tools that will power the operations of KOHO. Pretty neat, right? The results of your work will support the day-to-day functioning of KOHO and will directly impact our (beloved!) users' experience.
- Practice the KOHO Values
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication
- Perform thorough code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Work with front end developers to build and maintain features
- Troubleshoot bugs and provide solutions to fix them
- Support QA with testing your code
Desired Skills & Experience
- Industry software engineering and architecture experience
- A familiarity with the SDLC
- A passion for technology
- A passion for hands-on data-driven architecture
- Competence in one or more programming languages
- A deep interest in automation and quality assurance
- A commitment to data-driven insights
- Amazon AWS
- Event Sourcing
- Command Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS)
- Staged Event-Driven Architecture (SEDA)
- Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective.
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.