Join our mission-driven game studio and help teach millions of kids to code
Game Developer at Kids Coding Company$100k – $160k • 0.1% – 1.0%
About the team:
The Kodable team is full of bright, ambitious people who are passionate about their jobs. You’ll work with a product team with over 50 years of collective experience creating top-notch games for companies like EA, Leapfrog, and Scientific Learning. Every member of the team has a voice in making Kodable great.
- Work directly with top-tier artists, game designers, and educators from Google, Cornell, Harvard, and more to build games that teach computer science to kids while actually being fun!
- You’ll develop on all parts of the Kodable game. Build and ship code that is immediately used by millions of kids!
- Work directly with the CEO and executive team to make sure everything you do has a impact on Kodable's key metrics, revenue, and ultimately our future
What you’ll do:
You’ll direct development of all game-related features. Working directly with the CTO to ensure a seamless experience with all platforms.
You'll work directly with top-tier artists and game designers to build and deploy new features and games
Who we’re looking for:
- You have 1+ years experience in game development
- You care deeply about programming education
- You have contributed significantly to the release of a production-level game (preferably not a side-project, something with actual users)
- You have experience with APIs and interfacing with server-side code (saving/loading data, offline syncing, etc)
Highly Preferable if:
- You have experience with Cocos2d (any variant)
- You have experience experience building multi-platform games
- You have experience experience with Test-Driven Development
Bonus Points if:
- You have built your own REST API
- You love dogs!