Koan is the modern leadership platform
Business Development Representative
Koan Business Development Representatives (BDRs) discover and build new sales opportunities with our target customers. If you love the challenge of finding and developing new business, communicating with prospects online and on the phone, working on a team, and working harder and smarter than you ever have before - let’s talk. BDRs coordinate with the Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams to research, identify prospective clients, and generate sales opportunities into new target accounts. BDRs are expected to be professionals - adding value to our customers, selling with integrity, and continuously growing your skills to help others. Koan is a high growth company with significant potential. The BDR role is a step onto a career growth track with a great company with potential future opportunities in sales, marketing, and support.
- Prospect, qualify and develop target accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Interact with prospects via phone, email, and chat
- Research accounts, identify ideal customer profiles, generate interest, and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections in a fast-moving market space
- Effectively leverage our sales tech stack to accelerate sales growth and capture useful customer data
- Conduct demonstrations of the product, and occasionally assist in support questions from Trial account users
- Bring your best effort and best ideas, collaborate across the org, then execute on team strategy
- Own your performance. Over-attain your goals to support the team's success in meeting revenue goals
- Demonstrated history of learning, winning, and overachieving
- A self-starter with a 1-2 years successful experience in prospecting and developing new deals in software/SaaS sales
- Ability to maintain adherence to the role and deliver high activity levels and results required
- Solid communicator. You’re able to communicate confidently & concisely through via email, over the phone, or in person, with all audiences (from cross-functional partners to executive stakeholders)
- Self-motivated, proactive team player. You bias for action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment.
- Proficiency in CRM and Support platforms such as Hubspot, Intercom, and/or Salesforce
Achieving goals is at the heart of every company, yet few have implemented a software-based solution to help them track progress in a regular, repeatable manner. Koan offers a SaaS-based platform that enables companies to effectively manage goals and status reports at scale. Leaders at these companies enjoy a platform that enables them to standardize on a methodology and adhere to leadership best practices through a regular cadence of communication. By providing visibility to progress, and a solution that end-users enjoy using, companies are able to more effectively and consistently achieve their most critical goals and objectives.
- Stock option grant
- Competitive salary
- Great health insurance & 401k
- A company with a Silicon Valley mindset mixed with Portland ethos
- Be part of the journey to build something great with a team that cares about both results and company culture