Knox Financial is the smart and frictionless way to turn a user's home into an investment property
Knox Financial - Market Maker (New England Metros)$50k – $120k • 0.01% – 0.15%
Knox - Market Maker
Locations: Manchester, NH - Portland, ME - Providence, RI - Worcester, MA
At Knox, we’re changing how homeowners build wealth. Knox makes it easy and safe for homeowners to turn the home they’re moving out of into an income property and for income property owners to optimize and simplify their investments. By changing the home ownership pattern, we’re giving families a way to build wealth faster and with less volatility. Landlords love Knox because we improve the performance of their portfolio while taking work and worry off their shoulders. Venture funded, we’re building an extraordinary team to help us expand rapidly. We are looking for a hands-on, results driven, candidate who gets things done!
As the Market Maker, you have the opportunity to launch Knox in your city and expand across the state. Knox has the software and vendor partnerships to service property owners across the country. We’re looking for a leader to propel meteoric growth in each New England market, and turn the city into a profitable, scaling market for Knox. You will have the full support of our marketing engine as well as your own budget to spend on customer incentive structures. While you won’t be working alone, the success and long-term growth rate of the market will largely depend on you.
Successful candidates will likely have the following experience:
- You have several years experience serially running and delivering critical projects for a high growth startup, consulting firm, investment bank, or similar.
- You are an entrepreneur that has a successful track record in sales, flawlessly executing an operations playbook, and delivering financial returns for your company and/or your clients.
- You know property. You understand property investing, how it creates wealth, and the specific ways this can be done in your market. Of course, if you don’t fit any of these 3 profiles and feel this role is your dream job, we’d love to hear from you. You will need to convince our team we should take a bet on you and give you the keys to the Knox platform in this market. Successful Market Makers will be handsomely rewarded.
You will be joining a founding team made up of experienced, successful entrepreneurs with multiple ventures and exits under their belts. The ability to get things done well and quickly is paramount. You will be trained by an experienced Launcher then given a lot of autonomy, and you’ll be expected to leverage your teammates in other departments and your local network to achieve results. You will report to the Launcher and support them on ground operations for the first 90 days of operations in a new market. By then, you will be self sufficient in leading the market, be responsible for growth performance, and report to the COO. Your goal is to deliver a reliable operation with a world-class customer experience that, along with our demand gen team, drives explosive growth and wins evangelist customers.
- Work with the Knox Launcher to stand up operations in your market.
- Drive and support strong growth in your market including lead sourcing, unit onboarding, and addressing and client/tenant needs yourself and with staff as your market scales.
- Establish on the ground infrastructure, operations, and relationships with new local vendors as needed in addition to our existing national vendors.
- Scale from 10 to 1,000s of homes under management by building the Knox brand and local marketing and operations engine in your market.
- Listen to homeowners’ needs and financial goals, evaluate the numbers, and give them options moving forward. While our centralized Sales team will own the homeowner relationship, you will need to understand the cash flow, refinancing, and total investment performance opportunities when interacting with the customer.
- Manage your local budget with support from HQ’s Finance operations, and marketing teams to develop market specific campaigns that drive consistent growth.
- Facilitate tenant leases in partnership with our centralized Lease Specialists.
- Ultimately dictate the success of your income opportunity with your time and professional network, and by improving upon the Knox platform
Requirements, Skills, and Characteristics:
- Highly results driven - You are all about getting it done, achieving goals, and high quality output. You hold yourself and those around you to high standards and rapid delivery timelines.
- Market Knowledge - You currently live or have lived in Manchester, Portland, Providence, or Worcester for at least 2 years. You know the real estate landscape, understand the profile of the type of home that is appealing to reliable tenants, and have networked with other landlords in the area.
- Background - A working understanding of residential property investing will be very helpful. Experience a startup, in an entrepreneurial environment, or in a position where you move from one project to another always required to exceed expectations upon delivery such as management consulting or investment banking.
- Fintech and real estate - Experience in consumer financial products and/or property related businesses will be helpful.
- Vendor Management - Experience negotiating and project managing sub-contractors
- Data-driven decision mentality - You are comfortable working with numbers and rely on the data to develop a plan of attack before your gut hunch.
- Split Testing - Dedicated to testing everything and constantly improving based on tight metrics and meticulous attention to optimizing an operating model for performance and output.
- Rapid Growth - Experience in scaling and rapid company growth is helpful. If you do not have this experience, the desire and ability to drink from a firehose of information is required.
- Passionate about Customers & Mission – Capacity for implementing and creating from a blank canvas. Always driving to improve metrics and scale, but never willing to do so at the expense of delighting customers and tenants. Always champions the customer’s perspective. Genuine passion for the Knox mission of Frictionless Ownership and democratizing market-beating wealth creation.
- Honest and straightforward communicator – First rate oral and written communication skills are paramount as this is a remote role. Good new fast. Bad news faster.
- Local Travel - Ability to travel locally up to 50% of your time to meet with customers and vendors across the Metro area.
Benefits & Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- 20 day vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Employee discount to enroll your existing properties on the Knox Platform
Every candidate’s personal financial priorities are different, therefore we can be somewhat flexible in the mix of base salary, commission, and equity. Of course, all members of the Knox team get our generous benefits package.
- Base salary
- Option package
- Quarterly bonus - Commissions for achieving growth milestones in your market can be paid as cash, options, or a combination. Performance based compensation will be based on units under management while taking into account seasonality.
- Standard Knox benefits administered via Insperity.
Meet your team
Knox Financial at a glance
Knox Financial focuses on Boston and Providence . Their company has offices in Boston. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Knox Financial has raised $3.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.knoxfinancial.com