Our flexible workspace platform matches, tailors and manages space for companies
Working alongside our Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying the financial transactions Knotel UK and the other Knotel entities in Europe. He/She will be in charge of reconciling account balances, bank statements, of maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. He/She will have excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports while he/she will have experience collaborating and/or managing a team of 2 or 3 people.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Director of Finance’s attention
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Delegate financial responsibilities to accounting team
- Assist CFO with conducting semi-annual audits
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance
- Ensuring compliance with UK-GAAP, IFRS and US-GAAP
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Good Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A second language such as German or French is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite is a plus
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 5 million square feet across 200 locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.