Machine Learning Engineer
- Develop features and models to improve the capabilities of systems that use machine learning.
- Scale up models, build training datasets and tune parameters to improve system performance.
- Build software that improves your rate of experimentation and helps you make better decisions about what to try next.
- Build analysis tools and simulations to understand the performance of complex systems. - Conduct original research to solve hard problems applying machine learning in new areas - Work with the team to deploy models for a mission critical application.
- Come up with Machine Learning roadmap and be responsible for its execution.
- Improve current models
- Integrate Machine Learning projects with Knightscope Security Operations Center (KSOC).
- Provide technical guidance in Machine Learning experiments and projects.
- Take end-to-end ownership of Machine Learning systems.
- Identify new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to different parts of the Knightscope offering.
- Stay up-to-date with new technology innovation. Introduce what would be beneficial for the Company to continue to be the market leader in security.
- PhD/MS/BS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years professional work experience with Machine Learning.
- Deep understanding of the mathematical foundations of Machine Learning algorithms.
- Demonstrated expertise of working hands-on in analyzing and modeling large data sets.
- Ability to quickly prototype new ideas and use creative approaches to solve complex problems
- Experience with cloud (Amazon AWS, MS Azure, etc.) as well as embedded environments (NVIDIA Jetson, Raspberry Pi, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, Caffe, etc.
- Experience with Machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, numpy, scipy, pandas, PIL, OpenCL.
- Python experience.
- Ability to collaborate closely with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starter
Experience in a startup environment
Remote Work-from-Home (in the U.S.) Flexibility Available
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Knightscope at a glance
Knightscope focuses on Robotics, Physical Security, and Hardware + Software. Their company has offices in Mountain View. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Knightscope has raised $40.705M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.