Knack is a no-code business productivity platform
Senior Backend Engineer$95k – $145k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Hi, we're Knack, a no-code platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to build better businesses with data.
Keep reading if:
- You're sick of Silicon Valley nonsense. We're a 100% remote culture focused on a sustainable journey and long-term vision.
- You're ready to take on the biggest challenges of your career, doing irreplaceable work on a product that is transforming how work is done.
- You want to do that work with genuinely good people who are as invested as you are in being a part of a great team and building an awesome product.
Stop reading if:
- You're more interested in learning than doing. We're all about learning, but we're driven more by our work making a real world impact for the better.
- You're only about the 1s and 0s. Our engineers engage with our entire team and company. It makes them better teammates and ultimately better engineers.
- You only care about the latest tech stack. We happen to use the latest tech stack, but only because it's the best option for our customers.
And did I mention self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
In this role, you will:
- Help solve data-driven problems like caching, version control, batch processing, real-time concurrency, and security.
- Propose and implement architectural approaches for new features, performance improvements, and refactoring legacy code.
- Improve the quality and confidence of a complex codebase with tests, audits, and performance metrics.
- Be an inspiring and supportive teammate by participating in PR reviews, pair programming, active feedback, idea generation, teaching, learning, and in general being a delightful human being.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A problem solver. You aren't afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
- Experienced as a meaningful contributor to a data-driven architecture at scale.
- Passionate about quality. You do things right the first time by thinking deeply about quality, soliciting feedback, and being test-driven.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Engaging beyond 1s and 0s. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- Data - Both SQL and NoSQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch
- DevOps & Deployment - All things AWS, Jenkins, Github
- Testing - Cypress, Ghost Inspector, Mocha
- Frontend - Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS
Post and apply:
Knack at a glance
Knack focuses on SaaS, Databases, Small and Medium Businesses, Application Platforms, and Cloud Data Services. Their company has offices in Earth and United States. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.