A messenger that turns screen time into family time
Senior Android Developer$90k – $110k • No equity
What We’re Looking For: Senior Android Developer
You are responsible for development, maintenance, and testing of our Android app. You are able to see creative opportunities while maintaining a steadfast focus on prioritizing the most impactful work. When looking to evaluate success, you turn to data and user feedback. This role involves ownership of our Android app, having a deep understanding of our current and potential capabilities, and driving greater user engagement with Kinzoo’s product.
What We Stand For
Passion – for our Vision, Mission, and Purpose
Objectivity – data and feedback is our friend
Open-mindedness – no ego; many options over one solution
Persistence – consistent follow through to long-term goals
How We Operate
We are entrepreneurial, creative and independent.
We are energized by solving customer problems.
We don't settle for the status quo and push for the best in all we do.
We are open and vocal. We embrace and debate new ideas.
We believe in personal growth and development. Learning never stops.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Partnering with product managers to create technical solutions that increase value for children, families, and partners
- Contributing to all stages of the development process from requirements definition to deployment and quality assurance
- Collaborating with UX/UI designers to implement and refine user-facing features
- Carefully evaluating and communicating the merits and costs of design choices
- Finding simple, creative solutions to complex problems
- 5+ years experience in Android development and have published one or more Android apps that show an aptitude for UX and product sense
- Excellent programming skills (Kotlin, object-oriented)
- Knowledge of web service technologies and services (specifically REST APIs)
- An interest in working across some of these technologies: backend (Go), frontend (React, JS, HTML), and mobile (iOS)
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code and manage details
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Development processes
- Experience with testing and quality assurance
- Bonuses: Experience with optimization testing, ARKit and ARCore
- As passionate about our industry as we are!
- Tenacious and self motivated
- Always looking for better ways to design and develop software
- Someone who thrives on feedback and takes ownership of mentorship
- Open to continuous collaboration with internal teams and external partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to changing priorities
- An evangelist of app development best practices and emerging trends
Why Work at Kinzoo?
We are thinking big (very big) and surrounding ourselves with as much talent as possible to join us on our journey. Kinzoo is an early-stage startup and you get to help shape our future. At Kinzoo, we think taking on big challenges should also be fun.
Perks & Culture
Being part of our team includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- An optional socially-distanced office space in Vancouver
- Extended health & dental benefits package
If you’re inspired by our mission and have what it takes to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you! Please introduce yourself and send your resume to email@example.com. We prioritize talent over location and are open to remote workers.