Powering Intelligent Industrial Workspaces
Sr. Machine Learning Research Engineer (Deep Learning, Vision)$90k – $150k
At Kinetic Eye we believe that it is up to us to build the autonomous future where we want to live. That's why we're building the first AI-based cloud platform that makes some of the most dangerous jobs in the world safer and more engaging. Our team brings over 30 years of experience in industrial robotics, self-driving cars, and enterprise software product development to the modernization of manufacturing and logistics.
If you like the idea of getting in on the ground floor of a startup with an experienced technical team and getting your work into the real world within days, then Kinetic Eye might be for you.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer (deep learning, vision) to help save lives by identifying real-world hazards in industrial workplaces. On a typical day, you’ll share the latest research on computer vision and deep learning with our diverse team of engineers and product managers, kick off training of a new hazard detector, and review the results of a pilot with one of our manufacturing customers. You should know the difference between a PoC and a mature product and be able to navigate the prudent path from the former to the latter in collaboration with Data Engineering, Product Engineering, Data Science, and Field Engineering.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance hand, body, and object tracking
- Contribute to real-time computer vision systems deployed in diverse field environments
- Mentor and lead team mates to advance our research and development goals
- 5+ years experience developing software in computer vision, robotics, machine learning or computer graphics
- Experience in camera calibration and localization with knowledge of 3D transformations
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- 5+ years experience with 3D computer vision - specifically real-time tracking or pose estimation (e.g., of objects, hands, bodies, faces, vehicles, objects, etc.), object detection, and appearance modeling
- 2+ years experience developing deep learning algorithms, such as using convolutional neural networks or recurrent neural networks. Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, and publications
Kinetic Eye is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.