We're building wearable technology for the industrial workforce
Software Engineering Manager$150k – $180k • 0.1% – 0.3%
Kinetic is an award-winning startup building connected wearable products for the industrial workforce. Our experienced team is backed by top tier investors and insurance companies who share our passion for better predicting and reducing workplace injuries, and protecting workers during the pandemic.
Increasing workplace safety in industrial environments is a massive challenge. We’re not in this to be a “cool startup” but to have a profound and long-term impact on the lives of industrial workers that are key to our economy and our lifestyle: they manufacture our products, deliver our packages, mine our metals and build our homes. They deserve the best technology out there and you’re going to help us put it in their hands.
COVID transformed the world and our company. We extended our IoT wearable technology to help with contact tracing and social distancing in warehouse environments increasing demand for our product by over 10X in 6 months.
We just closed another round of funding to fuel our growth through this phase and are seeking a software technology leader that can meet the demand generated by our new product strategy.
This role can be remote or based in New York city.
We seek a Software Engineering Manager to lead and manage the day-to-day operations of a growing team of 3 highly skilled software engineers consisting of front-end, back-end and DevOps professionals. You’ll be responsible for consistently developing and delivering reliable software solutions. You’ll establish industry best practices, policies and procedures that produce high-quality software products. You’ll be scaling our technology as we 10x the number of devices we have in the field over the next 6-9 months.
What You’ll Do
- Report directly to the CTO and have overall accountability for delivering high-quality software products and services. You will own everything software related in our company.
- You’ll spend your time between managing and empowering the software team to do their best work, setting technical strategy and being an individual contributor.
- Collaboration and technical strategy:
- You’ll be working across departments to build a technical roadmap that aligns with company goals, while ensuring prioritized work is delivered on time and of high quality
- You’ll be deeply involved in RFC and RFP processes to ensure specifications are agreed upon in advance for the most efficient use of software development time.
- Individual contributor:
- You’ll be an individual contributor who has domain expertise in our tech stack and can take ownership of projects. Prior experience in Go and React is a big plus.
- You’ll be responsible for deeply understanding our system architecture and technology stack to ensure technical debt is progressively taken care of for robust codebases and systems.
- Management and leadership:
- You'll leverage your leadership experience to create a high performing agile team, implementing best practices on technical design, planning, development, release, and process.
- You’re comfortable managing small teams: personal goal setting, mentoring junior engineers, conflict resolution and motivating groups will all be part of your role.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of software experience including 3+ years of managing small software teams
- You’re passionate about process, quality and efficiency, and leading a team of motivated and happy engineers
- You are a skilled software developer that can fit anywhere by quickly acquiring any specific coding skills as needed by your team
- Proven track record of building new software products from concept through completion especially in fast-paced startup environments
- You're motivated to deliver a great customer experience, and only sleep well knowing you've created a reliable, robust product.
If interested, please send your resume and some sentences about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.