We're building wearable technology for the industrial workforce
Senior Software Engineer$120k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.2%
Kinetic is an award-winning startup building connected wearable products for the industrial workforce. Our experienced team is backed by top tier investors and insurance companies who share our passion for better predicting and reducing workplace injuries, and protecting workers during the pandemic.
Increasing workplace safety in industrial environments is a massive challenge. We’re not in this to be a “cool startup” but to have a profound and long-term impact on the lives of industrial workers that are key to our economy and our lifestyle: they manufacture our products, deliver our packages, mine our metals and build our homes. They deserve the best technology out there and you’re going to help us put it in their hands.
COVID transformed the world and our company. We extended our IoT wearable technology to help with contact tracing and social distancing in warehouse environments increasing demand for our product by over 10X in 6 months.
We just closed another round of funding to fuel our growth through this phase and are seeking a senior software engineer that can meet the demand generated by our new product strategy.
This role requires Eastern timezone work hours.
We seek a Senior Software Engineer to work in a team of 4 highly skilled software engineers consisting of front-end, back-end and DevOps professionals. You’ll be responsible for leading a project, developing, testing and delivering reliable software solutions. You’ll use industry best practices, policies and procedures to produce high-quality software products. You’ll be part of the team helping scale our technology as we grow our customer base and 10x the number of wearables in the field in the next 6-9 months.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be an individual contributor who has domain expertise in our tech stack and can take ownership of projects. Prior experience with Go is required. Experience with React and AWS is a big plus.
- You’ll be ensuring all the unit and integration tests are in place for your contributions, and also help peer engineers with that.
Collaboration and best practices:
- You'll collaborate with Product Management, Design, Data and Hardware teams to create industry leading products and features that will delight our customers.
- You’ll be deeply involved in RFC and RFP processes to ensure specifications are agreed upon in advance for the most efficient use of software development time.
Stack: Go, React, Bash, Linux, MQTT, Rust
Infrastructure: AWS, RedShift, PostgresSQL, Kubernetes, Terraform
CI/CD: Gitlab, Docker
Who You Are
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- You are a skilled software developer that can fit anywhere by quickly acquiring any specific coding skills as needed by your team
- You are a skilled software developer who enjoys collaborating with product, design, data, and your fellow software engineers to ship great products and features to our customers.
- Always curious about new technologies and ways to do things better, and able to quickly pick up any specific coding skills you need to solve a problem.
- You're motivated to deliver a great customer experience, and only sleep well knowing you've created a reliable, robust product.
- Eagerness to learn as well as teach. We have a team of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers and data scientists, willing to learn from you and chat about the nuts and bolts of their respective fields.
- Proven success working in cross-functional teams. You'll work regularly with other developers, data scientists, and product teams.
If interested, please send your resume and some sentences about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.