We're building the connected industrial workforce
Sr. Software Engineer$100k – $130k • 0.05% – 0.1%
At Kinetic we are building the first connected industrial workforce centered around safety. Our first product REFLEX is reducing workplace injuries by giving realtime feedback to the workers and improving workplace design.
Our technology is making sure the workers that physically support our economy get home injury free. In spite of having the most advanced industrial workforce in the world, millions of US workers are injured every year and nearly 5,000 die on the job.
We’re looking for a talented software developer who thrives on this mission and can help us build systems to support scalability. Our software team is in Saratoga Springs, NY, and we are looking for someone to work with that team in Saratoga.
The backbone of our unique wearable safety unit is the IoT device we place on every manufacturing and logistical worker's belt. This device analyzes and records, in real time, the worker's posture and movement and alerts them when they perform an unsafe movement. The device uploads all the data to our backend where it's further analyzed and populates client facing dashboards.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Design, plan, architect, and built systems to support a multi-faceted product from thousands of connected IoT devices, data ingestion and analytics, and Linux applications on small system-on-chip computers.
• You will initially wear several hats, but can eventually take ownership of an entire segment of our infrastructure as our company and product grow.
• Maintain and enhance our application’s back-end, creating scalable services, frameworks, and storage solutions, using Go. You’re also not afraid to dabble on the front end when needed.
• Develop systems automation tools for managing our AWS deployment.
• Bring a testing culture to the company
• 5+ years experience building scalable web applications, having worked both as part of a team, as well as leading projects. Big plus if you've worked on IoT products.
• Eagerness to learn as well as teach. We have a team of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers and data scientists, willing to learn from you and chat about the nuts and bolts of their respective fields.
• Experience writing high performance, memory efficient, and multi-threaded code. If you're familiar with some tools for designing concurrent systems at a higher level, even better.
• Experience building correct and robust systems programs on Linux.
• Experience with one or more typed languages like Go, C, Rust, or Java. Our code is mostly Go with a little C on the device.
• Proven success working in cross-functional teams. You'll work regularly with other developers, data scientists, and product teams.
• Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members.
• Collaborative about agile development and scrum methodologies.
• Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility.