Your Personal Smart Travel Assistant
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)/Head of Marketing$1k – $10k • 1.0% – 5.0%
This role is a unique opportunity for anyone with the vision, skills, and strength to weave together the machinery from brand building to performance marketing, from online lead generation to offline activation - a beautiful and complex tapestry that resonates with the millions of travelers who are looking for the quick and easy way to plan their travel journey. This is a life-changing opportunity, are you up for it?
AGI DMC is looking for an exceptional and visionary CMO/Head of Marketing to be the driving force behind the company's marketing efforts and play a pivotal role by laying out pathways towards our mission to help 200 Million Travelers from across the Asia pacific.
Reporting to the CEO, you will oversee the strategic planning and execution of all marketing programs and branding efforts, and act as the ultimate guardian brand to lead our young and dynamic marketing team. Ideally, you should have a successful track record of establishing and leading marketing strategy in a dynamic environment and have significant expertise in building brand awareness. This critical and challenging role will ultimately define the core marketing strategy and drive execution for commercial activities for the business. It will require a substantial breadth of experience in all areas of marketing including but not limited to digital product marketing, social media, marketing sciences & analytics, media relations, brand & communications, events, and partnerships.
What You'll Do
• Lead various strategic marketing initiatives and mentor a high-performing, highly-collaborative marketing team to include the following functional areas: social media & creative, email marketing, branding, exhibitor marketing, experiential and public relations
• Design and implement the Marketing plan, which should be aligned with the overall business objectives, including high-level activities, guidelines, and budget to drive pipeline, ensuring consistent messaging, creative execution and measurable outcomes
• Ensure a balance between longer-term strategic activities, such as brand positioning and market development, mid-term activities such as lead generation, and near-term tactical campaigns to increase segment revenues
• Using data and analytics, strategically grow our subscriber base, focusing on subscribers in the right markets and drive toward a sustainable business model and customer growth
• Partner with the Product team to review the product roadmap and help prioritize the product development and implementation of new features and functionalities based on customer and market research
• Commission market research, identify trends and opportunities, define market needs and challenge and support new product launch strategies
• Manage regional and local marketing budgets, analyze reports and forecast trends for future planning
• Develop strong relationships with key partners, stakeholders and opinion leaders in the region
• Work with regional teams to direct and create content for multi-channel use to enhance customer and stakeholder engagement while ensuring brand consistency across all communication.
• Develop, lead and coach a strong talent pool of marketing and digital marketing experts with a passion for developing creative campaigns to attract customers and partners alike.
What You Have/are/will Be
• 7+ years of experience in marketing experience; experience in senior management or executive positions in various businesses and industries
• Highly collaborative leader with 5+ years people management experience
• Proven track record of brand management and managing multi-functional marketing teams
• Strong understanding of audience targeting, media optimization, SEO, analytics, and content marketing
• Superior communication - An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, you possess the gravitas to influence and work well with all stakeholders
• Consumer-centric - natural ability to read and respond to customer's requirements whilst keeping a keen eye on AGI DMC overall success both financially and reputation with our partners.
• Strong budget management skills - You will need to make sure we have the biggest leverage effect on every marketing dollar we spend.
• Solid understanding of technology - This is AGI DMC business. You need to understand the market, anticipate needs and act accordingly.
• Persistence - This is a tough, tough job and there is no room for giving up if we are to succeed.
• Positivity - This role is at the heart of building AGI DMC as a successful business and as such it will have its ups and downs. Without a constant positivity, both in behavior and mindset, the person in this role will not last the distance and is unlikely to succeed.
• Comfortable with ambiguity - we're a fast growing business and there's always grey areas, which is part of the fun. You should be comfortable with it and understand not everything is 100% defined all the time
• Analytical Reasoning - It is a numbers game no doubt. If you don't love throwing yourself into spreadsheets understanding what the numbers are, what affects them and how you can achieve them, this role is not for you.
• Results oriented - In the end, the financial metrics is what makes or breaks this role and unless you have a laser focus on this aspect and love the role for this element, you are unlikely to succeed.
• Accountability - This trait is core to this role. A true leader naturally has and carries accountability for the actions of you and your team whether you win or lose. The assumption is of course that we win and you need to feel accountable for it.
• Vision - You should be able to look forward and creatively evolve our brand and presence in the market. Having a visionary and creative approach will be essential to achieve your goals in the role.
• Adaptability - The ability to use a classic "leadership" style with self starting leaders in your management team, who primarily need vision and motivation, and a "management" style where individuals need a more hands on approach
By joining us, you'll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you're the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
We are expanding!
In our bid to create an awesome and growing team that continues to disrupt the space of travel with technology, we are always looking for thinkers and doers driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing to be a part of our journey. In such a fast moving organization, you'll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
We apologise in advance - we may only be able to get back to shortlisted candidates; but we really, really appreciate every application, we think that is the greatest flattery we could ask for. Thank you
Killy at a glance
Killy focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, and Travel & Tourism. Their company has offices in India, Singapore, and London. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.