Our mission is to build technology that unlocks potential for all teachers and learners
Kiddom builds technology enabling teachers and learners to unlock their full potential. Education technology is increasingly fragmented across various applications, undermining utility and causing cognitive overload, frustration, and ultimately, rejection. Kiddom is building a collaborative learning platform for educators to integrate content, curriculum, and analytics in one place.
To tackle this challenge, Kiddom is looking for a Product Engineer who will embody forward-thinking best practices and bring a positive attitude to work with our team and strive for the betterment of our children's education and the future of our society.
- Design and build a scalable, product features end to end.
- Leverage existing infrastructure and components to build RESTful web services
- Bring an attention to detail - what we do affects people’s educational opportunities and we have to be mindful of that
- Craft delightful user experiences
- Own the product - we love people who pick up things and run with them
What we look for
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Experience designing and building REST APIs
- Exposure to authorization technologies (OAuth)
- Experience with continuous integration and automation tools and processes
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- You've been through the planning, launching and refactoring phases of code you wrote
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated and responsible individual who strives to exceed expectations
Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow
Please note that this is a full time, on site position. We are not able to offer remote working opportunities at this time.
Nice to have
- Experience with educational technologies
- Experience or interest in education
- Experience working at a startup
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience with Go(lang)
- Experience with Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, SNS/SQS, Lambda)
- Experience with Terraform
What Kiddom offers
- The opportunity to make a measurable impact in K-12 education
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health benefits: medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible vacation policy
- An inclusive, positive team culture
- A passionate, collaborative team focused on building transformative education technology
Kiddom at a glance
Kiddom focuses on Education, Software, K-12 Education, Education Technology, and Edtech. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Kiddom has raised $21.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2018.