Discover the best and brightest projects on kickstarter
Kickstarter is looking for a mid-level Infrastructure Engineer to support the infrastructure that allows our platform to operate at planetary scale, helping to bring hundreds of thousands of creative projects to life. You’ll work with a small team of dedicated engineers to assure that our systems are healthy, automated, and secure.
About the TeamKickstarter’s Infrastructure Engineering team supports the monolithic user-facing application that several product engineering teams are contributing to, as well as a handful of polyglot services that support that application. We are dedicated to assuring that engineers across the organization have the right tools to best understand and interact with code in our production environments: from continuous delivery pipelines to alerting and monitoring.
Our team works to ensure visibility and transparency into Kickstarter’s technical operations and usage, doing all that we can to make sure that Kickstarter can continue to operate continuously in the face of disaster or disruptions.
In This Role, You Will:
- Design, build, and maintain core cloud infrastructure pieces that support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users around the world.
- Collaborate with other engineers on AWS platform improvements and help us migrate our work in AWS to use Docker.
- Investigate new tools and services, document your findings, contributing to engineering processes, and institutional knowledge.
- You have solid professional experience working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and/or Linux in Azure.
- You are able to undertake projects on your own, as well as pair with team members and share work across teams.
- You care about your coworkers and want to make their lives better.
- You’re excited about conducting complicated work behind the scenes without any interruption to our creators or backers.
We like to be happy, healthy, and inspired.
We offer 25 vacation days, four months parental leave, time off for creative and volunteer work,employer-paid health benefits, and plenty more — from cultural events, screenings, and art shows to company meals and fresh produce from our rooftop garden.
We work as a team.
Team Kickstarter is only just over a hundred people — still a tight-knit group, considering everything that’s happened so far. Every week brings new challenges, and every week we work together to meet them. (We also have plenty of fun together: hack days, happy hours, trips, workshops, movies, lunches, and a lot of laughing.)
Kickstarter at a glance
Kickstarter focuses on Art, Creative, Entrepreneur, and Crowdfunding. Their company has offices in Vancouver and Brooklyn. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kickstarter has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2011.