Discover the best and brightest projects on kickstarter
Senior iOS Engineer
Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Senior iOS Engineer who loves building in the iOS ecosystem and creative problem solving to join our small and mighty native mobile team. Our engineering team embraces collaboration, eagerly takes on challenges of all sizes, values personal growth and welcomes feedback.
About the TeamKickstarter’s global iOS user-base is rapidly growing, and we’d love to support that growth by extending and building on the capabilities of our 4.8 star-rated application. Working closely with our colleagues in Android, we care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. Both of our native mobile applications are open source, and we’re proud to value community feedback and participation. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and data-driven process, building and refining our platform to support our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
In This Role, You Will:
- Support, build, and ship our iOS application, with an understanding of platform best practices and release lifecycle.
- Embrace a close collaboration with cross-platform colleagues to provide a cohesive experience, tailored to iOS best practices.
- Be committed to product excellence to ensure the smoothest user experience.
- Be a steward of our Open Source community efforts, working publicly and managing external contributions on Github.
- Work in a continuous, agile build and release cycle that we are consistently working to improve.
- You have strong professional experience building native iOS apps using Swift.
- You are familiar, or interested in functional reactive programming.
- You are familiar with testing in iOS and writing easy-to-test code.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical ideas into understandable concepts for others.
- You are naturally curious and committed to learning and skill-sharing.
- You are collaborative and value the benefits of pair programming.
We like to be happy, healthy, and inspired.
We offer 25 vacation days, four months parental leave, time off for creative and volunteer work,employer-paid health benefits, and plenty more — from cultural events, screenings, and art shows to company meals and fresh produce from our rooftop garden.
We work as a team.
Team Kickstarter is only just over a hundred people — still a tight-knit group, considering everything that’s happened so far. Every week brings new challenges, and every week we work together to meet them. (We also have plenty of fun together: hack days, happy hours, trips, workshops, movies, lunches, and a lot of laughing.)
Kickstarter at a glance
Kickstarter focuses on Art, Creative, Entrepreneur, and Crowdfunding. Their company has offices in Vancouver and Brooklyn. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Kickstarter has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2011.