Cashier in the Cloud ☁️
Software Engineer$150k – $200k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Launched in 2018, Kea is one of the fastest-growing companies on course to changing the way restaurants operate. We just raised an $11M Series A round from a terrific group of investors and we're building a team of engineers who are excited about our mission: to drive the world’s commerce by empowering restaurants to operate more intelligently and own their relationship with customers.
Top 3 Reasons to Join Kea:
🚀 You’ll be a part of a revolutionary project and have an impact on our customer experience through AI technologies.
🗣 If you have the best solution to a problem, your voice will be heard and you'll be rewarded by accruing equity.
🇺🇸 Freedom to work from anywhere in the US (as long as you have a good internet connection and get the job done!)
About the Role
Kea is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join the Engineering team. This role will be responsible for building the best platform to consolidate the ordering process for restaurants and helping drive Kea’s future growth. We've experienced exponential revenue growth (over 1000% year over year) and as an early member of the engineering team, you have the opportunity to come in on the ground-floor and fuel this rocket ship!
You will collaborate with product, leadership, and operations to design and implement simple yet elegant solutions to hard problems in an iterative fashion. You will bring exciting new features to life using and expanding your knowledge of software lifecycle best practices and skills in API design, distributed systems, and data modeling.
What your responsibilities will look like
- Have the independence and end-to-end ownership to design, build, test and deploy features within the kea platform
- Think outside the box for product ideas and system designs
- Design Node.js microservices to build out and maintain the Kea platform
- Define and rollout performant table schemas for PostgreSQL with minimal downtime
- Contribute to UX changes as needed
- Help grow the engineering culture and team
**What Sets You Up For Success
- 6+ years of experience designing and building large-scale distributed systems
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- You’re curious to learn new technologies
- You have experience building full-stack applications for successful companies
What we offer:
- Generous stock option plan
- Full healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off
- Numerous career opportunities that allow you to grow with Kea
- Fun virtual company events.
- A culture of partnership and accountability: it is okay not to know all the answers, you’ll be empowered to find the best way to move forward.
Kea offers a culture focused on customer value, growth, feedback, and integrity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply and look forward to meeting you!
Full healthcare coverage
Medical - Dental - Vision
We're all one team on a mission, and equity helps remind us we're in it together.