Intelligence from space, for your business. Without the fuss. Starting at $99
Chief of Staff - Kawa Space₹18L – ₹30L • 0.025% – 0.5%
The Role reports to the CEO of Kawa Space.
If you are a self-directing, highly organised, strategically thinking, and detailed oriented individual with a get-it-done attitude, this job is for you.
In this role, you will serve as the Chief of Staff for the CEO - streamlining time management, information, and decision processes to be more effective for the CEO and the organisation. You will be the trusted advisor. Your goal is to enable the leadership team to operate at a higher level of performance.
- Drive a strategic long-range plan, organisational SWOT, financial plan processes and discussions with Operations staff and stakeholders to understand the business environment, understand future capability needs, develop strategic objectives and assess the organisation resources/changes required to achieve them
- Prepare presentations for external and internal audiences such as customers, conferences, senior leaders of the company, All Hands meetings & board meetings.
- Chair the staff meetings, including developing the agenda to review strategic topics and monitor operational health such as success indicators, budget, employee engagement, etc.
- Structure Operational reviews- project reviews that drive operational efficiencies
- Develop and execute the internal communication strategy by closely working with the Communications Manager to drive strategic change, inform managers and employees, and ensure robust alignment across departments and geos
- Drive people development initiatives in conjunction with Operations staff and HR Business Partner. Examples include defining and executing hiring strategies, supporting the development of the Operations community with a learning agenda, assisting with inclusion initiatives, and instituting policy/guidelines to respond to group’s feedback/improvement areas
- Leading strategic projects such as conducting benchmark studies to compare industry best practices versus those of Operations, or other strategic projects in support of the group’s or Kawa Space’s vision
- Establishing priorities for the CEO’s calendar in concert with the Executive Assistant, considering organisational and cross-group schedules and commitments
- Act as a proxy to the CEO in requested meetings
- Identify ways to develop leadership within the group, aligned with organisational goals
- Ensure a strong and candid team dynamic by creating an optimum environment for productive dialogue
- Be an honest broker and truth teller in consideration of the needs of the entire organization
- Lead Public policy for Kawa Space. Share Kawa’s vision & mission with regulators and key stakeholders in the governments.
- B.S. and 5+ years of SaaS/Software or other high-tech industry experience
- Detail-oriented, strategically adept, and a go-getter
- Proven, applied data-driven, decision-making skillset
- Must be highly skilled at building relationships (with Operations staff, and senior leaders across Finance and a large organisation) to influence agendas and drive organisational goals and programs
- Candidates should have demonstrated ability to create and drive strategies, work independently, and simultaneously manage diverse assignments while remaining organised and productive in a highly interrupt driven environment
- Must possess a well-developed ability to read the internal and external landscape
- Must have strong business acumen in order to understand, prioritise, and act on the many requests received
- Strong ability to influence and collaborate is a must in this position, as success will be measured by ability to influence situations where no formal authority exists
- Skilled at identifying and optimising areas of ongoing concern within the business (both structurally and operationally)
- Excellent organisational skills, written and oral communications skills
- Strong desire and commitment to achieve operational excellence
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, teamwork, resourcefulness, and be trustworthy with sensitive information
- High tolerance for ambiguity, with the ability to create order
- The optimal candidate is self-driven and has a demonstrated ability to survey the environment and come up with relevant action plans to help the CEO to be more effective
- Travel: 70%
- Physics/Mathematics UG/Grad from a premier institute.
- CoS or strategy consulting or CorpDev experience
- Min 3+ years in high growth startups
- Design acumen
- Program Management
*Application Process/ mandatory. *
- Send your application with a cover letter
- Take an aptitude test (everyone joining Kawa takes this attitude/aptitude test)
- 2 sets of Interviews and a week-long live problem solving session.
Salary + Equity
Kawa Space at a glance
Kawa Space focuses on Developer APIs, App Stores, Connected Devices, Earth Observation, and Space Satellites. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Mumbai. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.