Live-In Facility Manager
We are looking for a Live-In Facility Manager to manage a building in San Francisco.
This role will oversee all day-to-day operations at Kasa's flagship building in Union Square. As a Live-In Facility Manager, you will have end-to-end ownership over the maintenance, housekeeping and guest experience efforts for a 35-unit building.
Who We Are
Kasa is enlightened hospitality: home-like luxurious apartments, tech-enabled seamless check-in, and personalized virtual service; all at a great value relative to accommodation alternatives. We want our guests to not just stay with us but truly settle into our Kasas while traveling.
Unlike a typical hotel, our rooms are inside luxury apartment buildings and use connected devices to provide a seamless arrival and in-unit experiences. Instead of a front desk, we have a 24/7 virtual guest experience team that provides guests with knowledgeable, attentive and personalized service.
We currently have Kasa units in 40 cities across 17 states and are expanding into many more each month.
Your role will involve a wide range of activities tending to the Kasa building. These will be a mixture of recurring property management tasks and activities requiring more urgent attention.
Property Operations + Housekeeping
- Design and improve operations for a fully managed short term rental building located in San Francisco
- Resolve in-house maintenance and furnishing issues as quickly as possible, contracting specialized outside help as needed (e.g. electrical, plumbing, elevator, fire sprinklers, heater, boiler)
Perform preventative maintenance efforts property-wide, including:
- Routine visits to all units
- Purchasing replacements or managing repairs of any broken items
- Maintaining/improving the overall physical state of the property
Keep common areas well-stocked, according to quality expectations, and work closely with housekeeping to ensure cleanliness standards are upheld throughout the building
Take the initiative to identify and execute on property improvements, prioritizing against a building budget
Guest Access + Issue Triage
- Work with various Kasa departments to ensure the guest access process is always as seamless as possible; work to resolve any outages to ensure positive arrival experience
- Provide ad hoc emergency support for lockouts, time-sensitive requests and other guest issues
- Manage and carry out on-site tasks (e.g. stocking supplies, purchasing replacement parts, working with outside vendors on maintenance issues)
- Oversee seamless stays for all VIP guests
Communications with Kasa HQ
- Become a team resource for property-specific questions
- Interact with the Kasa team and partners via phone, text, email, and web-based platforms
- Maintain and improve property status tracking tools to ensure routine checks in each unit
- Assist with additional Kasa operations projects as needed
- 2+ years of work experience as a Property Manager, Hotel Manager, or Building Superintendent
- 2+ years of work experience in operations management
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
- You're available to work 40+ hours each week and can be flexible with your schedule in order to assist on nights and weekends as emergencies arise
- You're handy with a toolkit and comfortable building boxed furnishings + performing general home improvement work (e.g. changing air conditioner filters, adhering art/hardware to walls, painting, changing locks, tightening loose fixtures)
- You have experience with electrical, plumbing and heat maintenance
- You're comfortable lifting items up to 50 pounds
- You're set up to comfortably live in a furnished, on-site studio apartment (~200 square feet, community kitchen, shared laundry)
Nice to have
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality
- 2+ years in hotel/housekeeping operations
- 1+ years of experience in a small company environment
- Local San Francisco vendor partner knowledge and referrals (e.g. carpet cleaning, pest control)
What we want in everyone from Kasa...
- You're proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You're lighthearted and can handle stressful situations with a calm and positive demeanor
- You enjoy technology and you're eager to learn new systems and platforms
- You pride yourself on communication and organizational skills
- You’re reliable, on time, and follow through on what you promise
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company
- Furnished on-site studio apartment at a 1/3 discount ($7,200 value)
- Paid parking ($3,500 value)
- Health Coverage: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with generous employer contribution and a free One Medical membership.
- Paid Time Off
- Kasa Travel Credit: All our employees are encouraged to use Kasa's during their own travel! Kasa employees get $2,000 per year to stay with us in any of our locations (over 40 cities!), plus a 50% discount on any nights beyond that.
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Kasa Living at a glance
Kasa Living focuses on Real Estate, Hospitality, Commercial Real Estate, and Real Estate Technology. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Austin, and St. Louis. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.