Rewards infrastructure for card issuers
VP of Engineering/CTO$160k – $220k • 0.5% – 2.0%
As our VP of Engineering, you will build a team, implement best engineering practices, hop on integration calls, and be a leader when it comes to feature development and architecture design. You also aren't afraid to get your hands dirty and dive into the code yourself. We are currently a small, tight-knit team, so strong communication skills are a must.
You'll be responsible for:
- Leading design and implementation of new features and iterations of our core platform
- Owning our product roadmap
- Ensuring smooth integrations with all of our card issuer partners and merchant partners
- Developing Kard's core infrastructure to be scalable and reliable
- Guiding our current engineers and continuing to build out a team
- Designing new iterations of our internal APIs
- Protecting the credentials to access Kard’s (and customer's, where applicable) networks, systems and data.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all Kard’s customer data to which you are granted access and reporting any suspected compromises of Kard’s proprietary data or customer data
- Adhering to Kard’s Information Security Policy and Procedures
You have experience:
- Running a live product supporting millions of customers
- Working with financial institutions, their technology, and their transaction data
- Using NoSQL databases (we use MongoDB)
- Building scalable, reliable distributed systems intended for cloud deployments (AWS preferred)
- Leading and building an engineering organization, preferably in finance
- Experience handling transaction data (Yes, we're mentioning it twice!)
- Startup experience
- Expertise in ML and/or AI
- Drive. We are building big things, and it takes dedication and hard work to do that.
- Integrity. We take consumer trust seriously, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
- Creativity. We want the unconventional, whatever-it-takes mentality that achieves different results.
- Equity. We believe in what we’re building.
- Benefits. We aim to be the healthiest versions of ourselves and cover medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
- Space. We take time off to recharge, physically and mentally.
- Growth. We invest in our future by investing in your future.
- Support. We help each other in pursuit of our mission and spend time bonding as a team.
- Equality. We celebrate differences and are committed to building a team of unique perspectives. Kard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Kard at a glance
Kard focuses on Loyalty Programs, Credit Cards, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Kard has raised $4M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.